Friday, August 31, 2012

Welcome to the world of grown-ups

Today is a day of firsts for sure! I just finished my first cup of coffee. Let me change that. I just finished and enjoyed my first cup of coffee. Who knew coffee was enjoyable? I certainly didn't think it was possible.

I've always really adored the way coffee smelled, but couldn't get past it's bitterness. I decided a few months back when I was trying to get into a better morning routine that I eventually wanted to make coffee a part of that routine. Now that I'm a few weeks into a pretty good schedule of waking up earlier and cooking myself breakfast, coffee was the last piece of the puzzle.

I decided I didn't want to start this new habit with fancy blended and expensive coffee drinks from Starbucks. And having total hard-asses for a mother and grandmother who only drink their coffee black, I decided flavored creamer should be out to. No sense in drinking coffee if it tastes like a cinnamon bun, right?  Just cream and sugar for me.

One of my favorite things about this new habit I hope to form is that I finally get to drink coffee out of my fun MINI mug I was given ten ago when I got my first Cooper. I knew I hung onto it for a reason. 

Unfortunately my mug doesn't make my desk look anymore grown-up. 
Boy oh boy was I productive this morning! I had one of my regular Friday duties, that I usually drag out all day, finished by 8:35. And the rest of my work done by 9:25.

What am I supposed to do now? Internet here I come!


No comments:

Post a Comment