Thursday, August 23, 2012

When I dip you dip we dip

8/23/2012 WOD:
20 Toes to Bar (Knee to Elbow)
1 Dead lift (90 lb)
4 Muscle Ups (16 pulls ups, 16 dips)
2 Dead lifts
3 Muscle Ups (12 pull ups, 12 dips)
3 Dead lifts
2 Muscle Ups (8 pull ups, 8 dips)
4 Dead lifts
1 Muscle Up (4 pull ups, 4 dips)
20 Toes to Bar
Time: 14:51

I cannot wait for the day when I can do a double under and a muscle up. This doing the equivalent stuff is bullshit! Unfortunately for me it's going to be quite a long time before I can even attempt to think about doing a muscle up. However, it doesn't appear they are included in WODs very often since tonight was my first experience with them.

A muscle up. One day...
My trainer friend taught tonight's class and suggested I up the weight for my dead lifts since we were doing so few reps. Why the hell not? Apparently he suggested 95lbs, 20 lbs up from my usual weight, but I heard 90. Funny enough the dead lifts were the easiest part of tonight's WOD. I've decided if I go in on Saturday I want to see what my max dead lift is. Just for the sake of curiosity.

On another note, I"m really excited that my favorite college kid/my CrossFit buddy is coming home tomorrow! We're planning on going to class tomorrow night and possibly Saturday since she hasn't gone at all this week. She's a ton of fun and I've missed having her around.


No comments:

Post a Comment