Tuesday, August 21, 2012

One step forward, three steps back

8/21/2012 WOD:
20 Minute Ladder
Clean Squat (30 lb)
Push Jerk (30 lb)
Overhead Squat (pvc pipe)
Rounds: 9

I was pretty upset with myself tonight during and after the WOD. For some reason I could not squat holding the bar tonight. I have no idea why, but I just couldn't get down.  I've done overhead squats before just fine. Either way I got the WOD finished and kept good form on the other two movements.

This was my first experience with a ladder workout. In case you're not familiar with it, the first round starts with one rep of each lift. Then the second round adds another rep, 2 of each lift. Add another rep each round until time runs out. I finished 9 rounds with 45 seconds to spare and partial rounds didn't count tonight so I took my 9 and ran.

In addition to my first experience with ladders I'm enjoying another first as I write this. I'm writing this post from the comfort of my couch using my new Chrome Box that I've named Rigby. He's swell! What's taking me longest to get used to is my new keyboard, but I know I'll adjust over time.

And for some more fun I've recently discovered quite a few new bands from listening to the satellite radio in my rental vehicle. If you're in need of some new tunes I would highly recommend Of Monsters and Men, The Lumineers, and Grouplove. All good stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment