Thursday, August 9, 2012

Can you count to 3000? I can.

8/9/2012 WOD:
Partner workout for time
-While one person is jumping rope, the other is doing the sets of 5. Rotate as needed.
750 Double Unders (3000 singles)
5 Overhead squats (30 lb)
5 Thrusters (30 lb)
5 knee to elbow
Time: 33:08

Today was agonizing! I thought I was okay not being able to do double unders, but I decided tonight it needs to happen, stat.

There was one positive to tonight.  My usual WOD buddy was running late so I partnered up with this guy who is a regular 5:30 goer like us. We were about 800 singles in when she got there and because she made an odd number for the class, she was just told to shadow me. I realized at about 1900 I was spent and she was still going strong so I told her to keep count while we jumped.  Sure we were both jumping rope, but she was going faster than I was. I've never been so glad she showed up late than I was tonight.

I believe we had the slowest time of the day, but I can deal with that. I'm just glad my trainer friend helped me spot the 2.5 lb plates so I was able to get back up to 30 lbs.

My legs and butt are still sore from all the lunges on Tuesday, I whipped myself with the jump rope tonight, my wrists are a little achy from the overhead squats and my hands are starting to look a little rough, but the masochist in me is debating going tomorrow night.

I may need serious help.

On a positive note, I was invited to a CrossFit girls night out on Saturday night. I wasn't sure about going since I haven't met most of the ladies because they go to other class times, but I figured why not. I'll go, have some dinner, and meet some new people. Plus, it fits the trend.

No comments:

Post a Comment