Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Fork you!

You know you had a good weekend when it carries over to the beginning of the week and you don't dread Monday quite as much as usual.

Though I had good reason to be looking forward to Monday morning. I was anxiously anticipating a response to a little stealthy operation that took place late Sunday night. 

Here's the backstory...Saturday night after a little friendly game of Corn Hole at my place we were talking about doing something a little out of the ordinary. An adventure if you will. My friend, who does CrossFit with me, was telling us about how she had been asked to prom by someone forking her yard. We immediately starting thinking of whose yard we could fork, but eventually the subject got changed, we played some cards and the spirit of adventure had passed. 

Until Sunday! Sunday afternoon at my parents pool we started scheming over who we could fork. We decided my CrossFit instructor pal would be perfect because he was there Saturday night to hear the previous conversation so he would know it was us. We went back and forth on when would be the best time to do it and eventually decided it had to be that night. 

He was just telling us about his pretty routine sleep schedule so we knew we would be in the clear by 11, but we did a drive by at 10:30 just to be safe. Lights out! Dressed in all black, we parked down the street and made our way to his house with 192 little plastic forks. And about 5 minutes later he had been forked.  When I woke up Monday morning I had a text from him saying he thought someone was asking him to prom. Mission accomplished! 

Not our work, but a good forking nonetheless.
This was another first for me. Some how I've avoided adventures, like forking, all my life. Not sure why or how, it wasn't for lack of interest. Sneaking around, planning, and waiting for the reaction was super fun. I volunteered to help clean up the forks from his yard, mostly because I felt bad making him do it, but partly so I could get my forks back and do it again to someone else! 

No comments:

Post a Comment