Monday, August 27, 2012

Star light, star bright

The weather this weekend has been absolutely amazing! I spent my early morning bundled up on my deck reading and soaking it in. After about an hour or so I concluded that I wanted to spend as much time outside today as possible. I also decided that with fall weather right around the corner that it was time I replace my hammock.

I spent the better part of my afternoon in and around my parents pool with my college kid friend. And after I headed to Lowes to get some tools to help with wallpaper removal and figured I would check out the hammocks while I was there.

Twenty minutes later I was leaving with an amazing deal on a super nice hammock. Once I got it home I very quickly realized it was too big for my stand. Not willing to throw in the towel I hooked one end to a tree and the other to the stand and hammock happiness ensued.

At dusk I headed out to spend my evening star gazing, something I have never done from the comfort of a hammock before. It was wonderful. Easily the highlight of my week!

I'm even more excited about the fall now with my latest purchase. And I'm looking forward to spending more time out there with the stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment