Saturday, September 8, 2012

Crashing hard

9/7/2012 WOD:
10 Min AMRAP
5 clean squats (35lb)
10 push ups (knee)
15 sit-ups
20 double unders (80 singles)
Rounds: 4 complete + 8 reps

9/8/2012 WOD:
20 Min AMRAP Partner
400 M Run
7 Broad Jump Burpees
Partner work:
8 Kettlebell swings (18lb)
30 second plank
Rounds: 6

Let me being by saying it's mid-afternoon Saturday and my back is still reeling from Thursdays workout. I am going to need to speak to them about including those muscles into our WODs more regularly so I don't have to go through this pain again.

Secondly, Friday's workout was quick and I liked it. While I only really completed 25 squats, they were the toughest part. I was dreading the push-ups after Thursdays WOD, but they were surprisingly easy and loosened up my back and arms a little.

Lastly, this morning was a sweat-fest. Completing a run and the burpees was what constituted a round. And while one of us was lucky enough to go for an early morning jog in the pretty great weather, the other had to suffer through what seemed like an eternity of kettlebell swings and planks. Actually I think I would have rather just had to swing my little kettlebell the entire time than have to stop and hold plank. What I learned today was that my core is mega weak! And that 30 seconds lasts forever!

The plus to this morning's WOD was that the college kid and I were the only folks who showed up for class today. Our gym is hosting a pretty big obstacle course race today in Atlanta so all the regulars were volunteering or participating. It was pretty fun to kind of have the place to ourselves

After being kept up a later than normal last night, I was crashing fast after the workout today. We headed over to Lula's to get some coffee. It was my first time stopping in and the place is pretty great! They serve coffee from Raleigh, NC, so fairly local which I like. PLUS...they're a non-profit coffee shop. Definitely a local business I can get behind! I am going to try to make it a point to head up there one night soon to check out the live entertainment too.

The coffee's warm and fuzzy effects quickly wore off so I think I may be due for a quick afternoon nap over some Parks and Rec.

No comments:

Post a Comment