Thursday, September 13, 2012

The Man in Black

Hey June, That's really nice June.  You've got a way with words and a way with me as well. The fire and excitement may be gone now that we don't go out there and sing them anymore, but the ring of fire still burns around you and I, keeping our love hotter than a pepper sprout. Love John
I can't remember how I came across this recently but I just cannot stop thinking about it. It makes me so unbelievably happy! It was published in a book about Johnny's life called House of Cash written by his son John Carter Cash. 

June and John had more than their share of ups and down throughout their lives as individuals and as a couple, but through it all they really loved each other no matter what. The hopeless romantic inside me shed a tear at the sight of this love letter. 

I'm not sure why I felt the need to write about it. I tweeted it, shared it on Google +, but that just wasn't enough. 

As I've said previously I am amazingly satisfied and delighted with who I am right now. I have learned so much about who I am and what I want out of life in the past few months. And I think this letter is an example that. I have always thought I was a thoughtful and considerate person when it came to those I am close with and care about. And I have learned that I need that in return. You should put yourself and your happiness first, but not so much that you let your relationships flounder. I want to surround myself with people who genuinely care about the people they share their time with. And I don't mean just romantically.

I have learned who I can trust, rely and depend on when things get tough. And who, no matter what, will be there for me when I need it. Those are the people I want to share my time with. 

And sure, one day, I wouldn't complain if I got to share my time with someone who wanted our love to be hotter than a pepper sprout! 

No comments:

Post a Comment