Monday, September 3, 2012

Goodbye Summer

As this Labor Day comes to a close, so does my fantastic summer. This summer was a very welcomed surprise and full of firsts. I don't think I would change a single thing about it!

To cap off the end of summer I enjoyed a few more new impromptu experiences over this long weekend. While all were very note worthy, the one that I must mention is that I drank my first beer today. I'm still not sure how or why it happened, but it did. A few of us were in the pool hanging out and a friend of mine poured herself a new beer that she brought over, Woodchuck Private Reserve Ginger. I'm not a fan of ginger and I had previously tasted a Woodchuck cider and wasn't a fan so I'm not sure why I even bothered tasting it. It was delicious! She didn't care for it and offered it to me but I respectfully declined. Then for some reason or another she kept handing me her cup and I kept drinking it. And a short while later I had finished it.

The effect, none. The only thing it may have helped me do was swim 3.5 laps in the pool while holding my breath. It was a very yummy beverage and I would probably drink another given the opportunity, but I think I'm still just as content being a non-drinker. I can't say that I really felt anything other than how refreshing it was. I think the coffee I had Friday morning gave me more of a buzz than this beer did.

I had an amazing extended weekend and I am very sad to see it come to an end! Lots of laughs and fun. I'm excited to see what the fall has in store for me. Fingers crossed it's just as exciting and fun as the last few months have been.

No comments:

Post a Comment