Thursday, September 20, 2012

Don't make me laugh

Remember yesterday when I said I was surprised I didn't hurt from all the burpees and sit-ups I endured except for a little minor back soreness? Yeah, well I was even more surprised this morning when I sat up in bed and very quickly laid back down! My abs are so sore! My entire torso is so sore! From the bottom few ribs down to hips is in pain.

What the hell happened to me last night while I was sleeping? In addition to the middle third of my body  revolting against me, the back soreness has spread and now my hamstrings are a little tight too. Ugh!

And on top of it all, my foot started giving me some trouble again yesterday afternoon. I'm trying to stretch it out and am hoping a little extra potassium quickly cures it. I really don't want to have to miss the workout tonight, let alone have it persist and potentially ruin Disney next week.

I keep telling myself it doesn't hurt and it's going to be a-okay! Fingers crossed that does the trick.

Just so I don't sound like a big whiny baby today, I do have positive things to say! Yesterday and today I have had some fun with the music I've been listening to at work. Yesterday was a Girls Only playlist all day that consisted of Lady Gaga, Celebration, Alanis, Karmin, Ke$ha, The Ting Tings, Florence + the Machine, and a few other individual songs thrown in for good measure. It was mega-fun and I felt girl power running through my veins all day!

Today's playlist is only brand-spanking new albums just released in the past few weeks that I haven't heard yet. We have Pink, Ben Folds Five, The Killers, Band of Horses, Dave Matthews Band, NOFX, and Grizzly Bear. I tried to get a decent mix of things I would normally listen to and might not normally pick up. So far I've only made it through Pink and Ben Folds Five. I would recommend both! It's as if a day hasn't gone by since BFF wrote an album, good stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment