Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Rx baby!

9/25/2012 WOD:
2 attempt max weighted push-ups (Rx-25 lb)
Total: 4
21-15-9
Med Ball Clean (Rx-14 lb)
OH Med Ball Walking Lunges (Rx-14 lb)
Box Jumps
400 meter run after each round
Time: 16:48

I just did my first workout as prescribed!!!! Can I toot that horn from yesterday again? Toot toot!

I figured since it was pretty low rep that I would give the 14 lb medicine ball a try. I've never used it in a workout before and it's always the prescribed weight for women.  I've always stuck with my little 8 lb blue ball that I have become the best of friends with, but was feeling so good after yesterday I wanted to see what that red ball was all about.

And on top of that I not only did boy push-ups for the max push-up attempt before the Metcon, but I did it with the 25 lb plate on my back. Sure, I only did four reps, but of the four women doing the WOD tonight only two of us did it with the weight. And I haven't tried to do legit push-ups since I started so it was a HUGE feat for me! Granted, mine didn't look very pretty, they still counted!

Now to figure out if I want to get back in there tomorrow night or be responsible and take care of all the little things I need to get ready to leave for Disney early Thursday morning. Anyone want to place bets on my level of addiction vs level of responsibility tomorrow night?

No comments:

Post a Comment