Monday, September 17, 2012

Lets go for a ride

In the spirit of staying on my toes, which seemed to be a theme for the weekend, I decided to do something I haven't done in quite some time.

With fall in the air it seemed like it was the perfect day to go for a nice bike ride. I had thought about riding my bike a few times recently but the weather hadn't been just right until this weekend.

It had been quite a while since I had gone for a ride with Kert (yes, I name my almost all inanimate objects that I own, don't judge me). Being the scared little girl that I am, I took my time checking for spiders and other creepy crawlers first as my storage room tends welcome them with open arms. Once I got him all cleaned up and in tip-top shape we hit the open road.

Since owning my bike I don't think I've ever just gone out for a ride on a whim before. A first for sure! I'm not sure if it was the great weather and nice scenery,  my new sense of adventure or what, but I had a really good time and am glad I decided to venture out for a bit and enjoy the weather.

I don't think I could have thought of a better way to cap off my afternoon! I had a lot of fun with the cool breeze and warm sun shining down. Plus it was a great way to stretch out my legs a little after all the squatting on Thursday.

Now that fall has arrived I hope to take my bike out a little more. It's too much of a good time to pass up given the great weather that seems to be sticking around.

No comments:

Post a Comment