Monday, September 17, 2012

So this one time....at CrossFIt

Let's start this little post out with some CrossFit humor. Tonight's entertainment is brought to you by Crossfit Problems via Twitter: "HSPU? Is that hang snatch pullup?" (@CrossfitProblms) I'm sure no one else died laughing reading that like I did. And just to clarify, HSPU is hand stand push-up.

If you really want to be entertained, watch this little video. Though, just like before, you probably wont think it's nearly as funny as I do, but I hope you do!


Today began my experiment with linear progression back squats. For a good five hours or so, it was thought the project was going to be delayed because of really random horrible pain in my left heel, but the foot fairy paid me a visit at lunch and cured me with her fairy dust. Or walking on my toes all morning stretched out whatever was tight and cured it. One of the two for sure.

Twice a week I will go in and do three sets of five reps at one weight. Then the following week I will go up 5 lbs until eventually, months down the road, I will reach a max. Since my starting point was tested last week, I began day one with the 45 lb bar.

Overall it went really well and I was super stoked I was able to go in today and make it happen. Once I got to the third set I was told instead of doing just 5 reps to go as far as I could. I squeezed out 21 reps! I'm sure I'll feel it tomorrow.

I'm very excited to see how this goes over the next few weeks starting out and to see how it effects my regular workouts, if at all. And I'm really excited to see what I'll be able to lift next month this time.

Just to really make this post over the top with CrossFit humor, here's one last bit of funny!


No comments:

Post a Comment