Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Sympathy for the Devil

10/29/2012 LP:
Back Squat: 80 lb
Press: 42.5 lb

10/30/2012 WOD:
3 RFT
100 Double Unders (400 singles)
25 Toes to Bar (Knee to Elbow)
25 Hand Stand Push-Up (Stinkbug)
25 yd Bear Crawl
Time: 27:26

Lets begin with this weeks linear progression. I wasn't in the best of moods going into Monday's session. Just a bad day at work that never turned around. My trainer told me to take it out on the weights. So I did. And boy did I leave feeling 1,000,000% better. And boy are those weights getting heavier. I actually ended up doing a 4 x 5 instead of my usual 3 x 5 for the squats because one of the guys helping me load the bar didn't put all my weights on one side. I thought I just picked it up a little off balance but really it was 7.5 lbs lighter on one side. Extra sets can't hurt, right?

And now for my thoughts on last night's WOD. It sucked! I've said it at least twice before and I'll say it again, I hate stinkbugs with a fiery burning passion. Easily my least favorite movement. I begged the trainer to let me do 100 yards of bear crawls instead but he wasn't having it. However there is good news. I noticed a a good bit of improvement in my knees to elbow and my stinkbugs. Of course as the workout progressed they went back to their usual weak attempts that took everything I had to get through two or three at a time, but I still saw improvement in the first set. I can really tell my core is getting stronger and I can see a Toe to Bar in my near future, even if it's just one. 

I wish I were this creative! 
Today is Halloween and it's my first one being in the house by myself. My neighborhood doesn't typically get many trick-or-treaters. Sadly the few kids we do have leave and go to bigger, better neighborhoods. All that said I've decided to skip hanging around the house for the few stragglers to show up and hang out with a friend who's neighborhood actually gets trick-or-treaters. And since I adore Halloween (I've had decorations up since late September, don't judge me!)  and the kid in me loves getting in costume, I've donned some horns and a tail and will go as a Devil this year. A pretty simple costume, but one I've never worn before. It should be a pretty fun night! Seeing the kids in costumes still being kids always makes me happy! 

Happy Halloween everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment