Monday, October 15, 2012

One Week

I am officially past the one week mark of my primal food experiment and I'm happy to report overall I'm really enjoying it! I've cooked a few new dishes, saved a lot of money by not eating out, and my body is loving all the fruits, veggies and extra protein!

While there are a few cons to this little experiment like giving up chocolate milk, my willingness to push-down small children to get to a loaf of french bread, and being tortured by Halloween candy EVERYWHERE, there are so many pros! Here are a few thing's that have gotten me pretty excited over the past 7 days:

  • While I've eaten until full at all my meals, I have never felt sluggish after. 
  • The speed at which I can cut a pineapple is greatly improving!
  • Only shopping for meats, produce and eggs makes for a very speedy shopping trip.
  • Sweet potatoes are pretty damn tasty and you can put them with lots of foods
  • Having a crisper drawer full of oranges, apples, grapes, strawberries and pineapple makes me feel very adult for some strange reason.
  • Zucchini, bacon and scrambled eggs are an amazingly yummy combination
  • Pot roast is yummy and I can't remember why I dreaded my mom making it as a kid
I'm looking forward to see if urge to harm people for bread and candy eventually subside or if that innate urge will always stay with me. The cravings have definitely passed, but anytime I see it I want to eat it desperately. 

I have 15 more days until the experiment ends and then I'll decide how I would like to proceed with my eating. At this point, I would like to continue as I am now but bring back chocolate milk. I really miss drinking it at night after a tough workout! I guess time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment