Thursday, October 18, 2012

Pure Torture

10/18/2012 WOD:
4 RFT
40 yd OH Walking Lunges (10 lb)
20 Wall Balls (8 lb)
20 Hand Release Push-Ups
Time:17:19

Holy hell tonight was BRUTAL!!!! I should have known it was going to be agony when one of our beast of a trainers told me as she was finishing up to just leave. She's a badass so if it kicked her ass I knew it was going to kick mine. With that bit of information I decided to save myself a bit of pain and go a little lighter weight than normal. I still want to be able to function tomorrow, hello!

I also picked the absolute worst day to wear my new capris from Old Navy. I'm always a bit more aware of my ass in those things, but lunges and wall balls in capris with half the class waiting in the wings for their heat and cheering us on made me super self-aware. Today's lesson: Bring a back-up pair of shorts or an extra long top on days I plan on wearing capris just in case! Make sure you right that one down, I don't dish out lessons very often on here.

Surprisingly my legs are feeling pretty great given the 160 yards of lunges and 80 wall balls. What's really hurting me at the moment are my shoulders. Not so much hurt, more of a slight throb. Hand release push-ups and holding a ten pound plate over your head will do that to you!

I also had my first serious craving for chocolate milk tonight. Like wanted to pull into Harris Teeter and pick up a half-gallon and down it. I'm not sure why but when I exhaust my legs from lunges or squats I really want to recover with a huge glass of chocolate milk. Go figure. And two weeks from tonight I'll be having myself a nice big glass.

Primal eating is still going really well. I had scrambled eggs and hot sausage for breakfast, leftover steak and onions for lunch, apple and orange for a snack and I just enjoyed a very tasty pork chop with sauteed zucchini.  I'm eating pretty damn good. Yet saving way more money then when I wasn't eating this way. Looking forward to the next two weeks to see what other things I can come up with to eat and to see if the cravings for bread and sweets subside anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment