Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Playing Like Kids

10/15/2012 LP:
Back Squat: 70 lb
Press: 37.5 lb

10/16/2012 WOD:
4 RFT: (partner)
40 yd wheelbarrow
40 box jumps
Time: 9:07

Quick, simple and fun accurately describes last night's WOD. It has been quite some time since I've done such a short and simple workout, it was a nice change of pace. After being partnered up by picking matching coins, we were given the low-down on the best strategy for transitions by our trainer. We had a pretty good little system going, I carried him 20 yards and he carried me 20 yards back then he did the first 10 box jumps, I did 10 and so on until we hit 40. Yay for teamwork!

Waking up this morning I thought I had slept funny because my neck was a little achy but as I got to moving around I noticed my shoulders were a bit sore too. I don't remember wheelbarrows hurting as a kid! I also don't remember doing them quite as quickly as I did last night either.

This kid  must have been doing the WOD too. He's so tired he's resting his head on his partner's butt!


The Primal Blueprint experiment is still going strong! I made a delicious ground chicken and fresh salsa combination for lunch yesterday and had nice steak and sauteed zucchini for dinner. Did you know you can buy three nice sirloin steaks for about $6? That's $2 per steak! That's cheaper than one pineapple. Why does anyone ever pay $10+ in a restaurant? Go ahead, laugh at me for just realizing this. I only cooked my first steak about four months ago! Anywho, I've said it before but I am really enjoying cooking, a lot! Not having a dishwasher is becoming more of an annoyance lately with having to do more dishes, but I'll take the trade off.

I spent part of last night in my hammock for the first time in a few weeks. It's neat to see how quickly the light is changing. I think the first night I got in it, it was getting dark around 8:30 and last night it was dark before I got out there at 7:30. With the leaves falling and the much colder weather it got me really excited for fall and the upcoming holiday season. I bundled up for as long as I could take it but eventually my cold toes won the battle and I had to retreat back indoors. Great way to relax after a nice dinner and fun workout!

No comments:

Post a Comment