Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Back into the groove

10/2/2012 WOD:
'Daniel'
50 Pull ups (jumping)
400 m run
21 Thrusters (35 lb)
800 m run
21 Thrusters (35 lb)
400 m run
50 Pull ups (jumping)
Time: 21:23

Having been six days since I had done a real WOD this felt amazing!!! And it was great to do something with some weight again after free week last week being bar-free.

Looking at the board made me a little anxious, but I enjoy thrusters and I knew the run would loosen up my calves so I figured it would be a good time. Throughout the entire workout I never once thought 'this sucks' or 'I want to be done with this' which usually crosses my mind at least once. I very much enjoyed it! I don't know it if was having so many days off or what, but when I finished I thought that it was actually fun!

I did 100 pull-ups. 100! Sure, they weren't strict pull-ups, but I still jumped and pulled my little chin over that bar! And my arms felt a little noodle-like after, but today they're not sore a bit. I've decided my goal is to be able to do one strict pull-up by my birthday. That will put me in just three days shy my six-month mark. I think it's possible! And what better way to start my last year in my 20's.

No comments:

Post a Comment