Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Girl Talk

Do you ever have one of those days that start out not bad, not great, just kind of okay with no complaints and it turns into something really great you weren't expecting? Well that was my whole weekend. Slow start that just got better and better!

Can't complain about Friday or Saturday (except for the terrible loss by my Gamecocks Saturday), both were pretty relaxing and enjoyable, but nothing spectacular I had to make a mental note of. Then Sunday I woke up to find out the college kid was going to be in town! She came over mid-morning to catch up. Then we got lunch with another fabulous friend of ours and enjoyed some girl talk about silly boys. Spent the afternoon window shopping and watching a scary movie. And to cap off the weekend I went to that fabulous friend's house with the college kid for dinner and Walking Dead. It turned out to be a super fun day!

Then, unexpectedly the same thing happened again yesterday. Slow start to the day, but no complaints, then the day got better and better all over again! I even got to have lunch with my old college friend who is this year's state teacher of the year. Her schedule is insane right now so I was really glad she was able to squeeze in a lunch with me! Side note-if you ever get the opportunity to have a salad that has a vinaigrette dressing made from rotisserie chicken pan drippings, order it STAT! Words can't describe how delicious it was! And it was something I would never have ordered had it not been for my new eating lifestyle so score one for me! Back to my day, after lunch the day just continued with greatness! I cooked a tasty paleo dinner that I enjoyed outside before it got too cool then went for a nice dog walk bundled up in a sweater I forgot I bought last spring on clearance. Spent the rest of my night in trying to warm up from the walk (it got cold out quick!)

I love days, weekends, or anytime really like that. When you're anticipating the norm and you're unexpectedly surprised with a great day! Life's great for that.

For anyone who knows me, they know I'm a planner. I enjoy having things on my calendar. I like to know what's coming and how it's going to happen. It's just in my nature. Yet somehow in figuring out who I am I've learned I enjoy going with the flow and not knowing what's around the corner just as much! Spontaneity and last minute plans usually lead to fun times and great memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment