Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Working for the Weekend

Thirty Days of Thankfulness
Day Twenty: I am thankful for my job.

There are days I'd rather stay in bed cuddling with my girls, but very rarely do I get out of bed dreading to go to work. Its not the most thrilling or challenging all the time, but I enjoy my job. I am very grateful to have a job, especially one that is as laid back as mine.

11/20/2012 WOD:
Buy in: 1000 m row
21-15-9
Ring dips (tire dips)
Burpee broad jumps-yards
Kettlebell Swings (26 lb)
Time: 13:23

Two firsts for today! First one, I attempted ring dips for the first time. I couldn't budge dipping, but I was able to hold myself up and maintain stability for about 20 seconds. Gymnast make that shit look so damn easy!!!

Second, I finally moved up on the kettlebell. Goodbye 8 kg kettlebell, hello 12 kg. Its roughly a 10 lb increase. By the end of the workout my arms and lower spent!

After the rough workout, I met the college kid at the local cupcake shop for our favorite cupcake! Since they only sell it on Tuesdays she hasn't been able to get it since school started a few months back. It was a nice treat to go up there!

Even though the long holiday weekend doesn't start until tomorrow afternoon, I feel like its already on! Friends back in town, grocery store parking lots full, and everyone sending happy Thanksgiving wishes! What a wonderful time of year!

No comments:

Post a Comment