Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Progress-o!

Thirty Days of Thankfulness
Day 26: I am thankful for a clean house.

I spent a good chunk of my Sunday morning going through stuff. Stuff I've accumulated over the years that wasn't split up in the separation. Lots of stuff I haven't touched in years. I originally thought to have a yard sale and make a few bucks, but in the end I decided to donate it all to the Salvation Army. There are plenty of people in my community that can benefit from it and it also helps the S.A. It's a good feeling to help others and to have less 'stuff'

Day 27: I am thankful for progress.

I am grateful for the progress I've made in so many facets of my life. Living alone. Learning to take care of two large dogs on my own. Knowing who I am and what I want out of life. Getting stronger. Being confident  and comfortable in my own skin. I have made a lot of progress in the last year and I'm thankful I'm moving forward and not standing still or worse, going backwards.

11/26/2012 LP:
Back Squat: 100 lb
Press: 52.5 lb
Sprints: 7 x 40 yd

I did it! I hit triple digits!!!! And the best part, it was heavy but not insanely heavy! I cannot believe I squatted 85% of my body weight last night. Mind blown! Four weeks until I hit my goal weight of 120. What a fun Christmas present that will be! I am still slightly confused on how I haven't been sore yet. I guess that's because of the gradual progression of things. Yay for progress! I'm starting to feel a noticeable difference i my legs. They're much leaner but a lot tighter. Love it!

The press is still hard! I barely got out my 15 reps, but I did finish it. Even though I haven't hit my max yet, I'm planning on dropping back down to 45 lbs next week. I'll stick with that weight for a good three weeks then start adding back on. I'm eager to get more comfortable with the 45 lb weight so I will be more willing to lift in during WODs with high reps.

I upped the number of runs again tonight for my sprint. And this was the best night yet! Usually my quads feel tight and get tighter as the sprints go on, but tonight I was all loosey goosey. I felt faster too! I'm looking forward to playing Ultimate this weekend with the gym folks to see if I can notice any difference. Not counting on it, but who knows!?!

In addition to doing all of the above things for the first time, I did something else this morning too! My boss went dove hunting this weekend and fried some dove breast here at the office. They give me a really hard time about being picky so I had to give it a shot. Verdict: Not for me! They said, don't you eat livers and gizzards? Hell no! Had they told me it was going to taste like that from the start I could have saved that piece that ended up in the trash. Oh well, at least I tried it, right?

With my 29th birthday a little over a month away, I'm working on a bucket list of things I want to do before I hit 30 and turn into an old lady! Of course they're all things I've never experienced, some are just for fun and others are things I've been working toward accomplishing. I'm still pondering what I want to get done without going overboard. I've compiled a list to the left that I'll be maintaining throughout the next 13-ish months. And of course I'll be writing about each one I cross off. Here's to a year of accomplishment and adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment