Sunday, November 18, 2012

Growing Up

Thirty Days of Thankfulness
Day 17: I am thankful for the college kid.

She and I haven't even known each other for a year but she is one of my favorite people ever! I'm grateful for her humor, spontaneity, positive outlook, and of course friendship. She's a fabulous person and I'm lucky to call her a friend.

Day 18: I am thankful for weekend cuddles.

One of my absolute favorite things in the world is to be able to get back in bed after feeding my girls and cuddle on the weekends. Its the perfect way to start a day. And I love that they each have their own way of cuddling.

I've spent the majority of my weekend with the college kid celebrating her birthday. I always thought 20 was just as big of a milestone as 21 but somehow everyone else overlooks it. Leaving your teenage years behind is pretty major. Your twenties are where most of your major life decisions are made. No one tells you that and you don't realize it until your knocking on thirties door.

While she enters her twenties I'm preparing to leave mine. With 13-ish months between me and 30, I'm starting my "what I want to do before I'm 30" bucket list. At the moment I can only think of skydiving and getting another tattoo, but we shall see soon what the list entails. Hopefully plenty more firsts!

No comments:

Post a Comment