Sunday, November 11, 2012

To-Do List

Thirty Days of Thankfulness
Day 10: I am thankful for wonderful weather.

I spent almost the entire morning outside doing some household chores, but I couldn't complain a bit because it was beautiful outside today. I even did a few things, like raking the front yard, that I wasn't planning on just because I didn't want to go inside yet.

Day 11: I am thankful less Blue Laws.

Until just recently stores were not allowed to open before 1:30 pm on Sunday's in my city. On a few occasions I've really needed something before 1:30 and now I'm finally able to get it. Like today I was able to march into Walgreen's at 7:30 am to pick up calamine lotion for an irritation I got from yard work yesterday. Thank you city government for saving the day!


Yesterday I conquered a pretty big fear of mine and finally cleaned out my laundry/storage room. My  house was built in 1970 and apparently it was pretty popular then to put the laundry in the storage room in the carport. It's definitely one of the least favorite things about my house, but it could be worse. The shed in my backyard is in terrible shape so the room is a combination of laundry and storage for tools. That combination plus it's less than perfectly sealed door leaves it pretty open for a few creepy crawlers, dirt, and leaves. Sadly the room hadn't really been cleaned out since we moved into the house 3 years ago.

With the prediction for great weather I decided to finally tackle it. I pulled everything out, swept the floors, trashed some things I was storing for no good reason, and rearranged it for better use of space. Ideally I'd like to paint it all white and put in a large overhead florescent light, but for now this will do.

The feeling of accomplishment kept me going. I weeded and cleaned out my front flower bed, raked my front yard, and even got around to touching up the paint in a few rooms in my house. It has been a much needed productive weekend for home repairs. My fantastic soon to be brother-in-law even came by and repaired the lights for me in my hall bathroom. Just one more minor repair to kitchen floor and my to-do list for home repairs will be complete!

No comments:

Post a Comment