Friday, November 9, 2012

Low Key

Thirty Days of Thankfulness
Day 9: I am thankful for my fellow 5:30 pm-ers at PDCF.

I am very thankful to be able to workout and spend time with an AMAZING group of people a few nights a week. I have never seen such drive, support, encouragement, and sweat in one place. While I'm sure the members who go to the other class times are just as great, there is something special about that 5:30 bunch. If it were not for them I'm sure I wouldn't still be as dedicated as I am today. I am very grateful to be able to share my time with them inside and outside the gym!

11/9/2012 WOD:
21-15-9-15-21
Clapping push-ups (Hand release)
Wall Balls (8lb)
Time: 9:05

I really enjoy the Friday night classes. There is no telling who is going to show up and how busy it's going to be. Tonight was a relatively low number with most of the regulars MIA. And I was the only chick in the building for a while too.

I attempted to do to wall balls with the 14 lb ball as prescribed but about 5 reps into the first set I quickly realized I wasn't getting the ball high enough on the wall and would be helping myself more if I went back to the 8 lb ball. So that's what I did. At least I gave it a shot, right?

I really enjoy when the 5:30 slot is crazy busy with people, bars, and excitement, but I also enjoy when it's a little more low key like it was tonight. It was a nice way to cap off the week up there. Hopefully my arms and shoulders will have recovered in time for our next round of Ultimate this weekend!

Now to go celebrate my fellow CrossFittter's birthday. I wonder if I'll recognize anyone in regular clothes?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment