Thursday, November 15, 2012

Must Be Jelly Cause Jam Don't Shake

Thirty Days of Thankfulness
Day 14:  I am thankful for my sister.

My sister and I are polar opposites in so many ways. When we were growing up it caused all kinds of arguments, fights and name calling. But just like my mom told us, as we've grown up we've grown closer and I love spending time with her. Seeing that we live less than 10 miles from each other we should see each other more, but I know that I can always call her and she'll be right there for me. I love my sister more than she'll ever know and I wouldn't trade her for anything!

Day 15: I am thankful soreness.

I had to take last night off because I'm sore and bruised from Monday and Tuesday's workouts. I am grateful for the soreness because it means I'm progressing and not staying stagnant. It means I'm pushing myself into new territory that my body isn't familiar with. I'm also thankful for my first collarbone bruise. While it doesn't look pretty it means the weight wasn't easy and I was catching the bar where it's supposed to be caught.

10/15/2012 WOD:
50 yd OH Walking Lunges (10 lb)
400 m run
21 OH Squats (15 lb bar)
800 m run
21 OH Squats
400 m run
50 yd OH Walking Lunges
Time: 17:28

Tonight's challenge wasn't the workout it was the cold! I decided when I was in the locker room that I wasn't going to do the usual 400 m warm-up run because I had forgotten to bring a hoodie. Then I walk out and look at the board and see that we have to go out and run three times. Who is programming this week? Less than halfway through the 800 m run I started cramping up from going back and forth in the warm and cold. Unfortunately the cramp stuck around until the end of the WOD.

Surprisingly I really enjoyed this workout. I could really tell a difference in my legs. I guess the LP is paying off! After tonight I realized I need to add some weight to my OH squat. I think I'm still a little apprehensive of them after the incident a few months back when I just couldn't do it knowing I had done it before. However, I've successfully done OH squats twice recently so I need to add some weight to the bar. If I could get through my second set unbroken, it's too easy.

And for some Thursday night entertainment, I present to you RuPaul's Peanut Butter. The birthday boy of the wonderful dinner I went to last Friday night gave everyone mixtape party favors. I cannot stop listening to this song to save my life! Me and the fiesta rock out to it daily. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment