Monday, November 5, 2012

Class act

Thirty Days of Thankfulness
Day Five: I am thankful that tomorrow is Election Day.

With election season lasting almost two years these days, I am very thankful that for the most part all the campaigning, lies, trash-talking and other bullshit will end tomorrow. I realize that because of Hurricane Sandy there is a good chance the race may have a victor come Wednesday morning, but the campaigning will have ended. And we'll probably get a good 12-18 months before the media starts speculating who will be running in 2016!

While I do joke about the campaigns, I will be voting tomorrow and so should you!

11/5/2012 LP
Back Squat: 85 lb
Press: 45 lb

For the first time in my life I was able to lift the 45 lb bar over my head. It was a fantastic feeling! As was squatting with 85 lbs on my back. That is 40 lbs up from where I started. Insane!!! Because the weight for squats is getting up there (for me) I'm now doing a set of squats with just the bar as part of my warm-up. Funny thing, it didn't even feel like I had any extra weight on my back. It's amazing what your body can adapt to in just a few weeks.

I've also been called out by a few of the 5:30 pm-ers for ditching the WOD to hang out with the "meat heads" in the back of the gym. While I really enjoy my weight training on Monday's, I adore the folks that I usually spend my evenings with at PDCF. They're fantastic, supportive, and mega fun! I don't think you could pay me to leave them for another group. I'm already itching to get in there on Wednesday to sweat my ass off with them!

No comments:

Post a Comment