Tuesday, December 18, 2012

The baker

12/17/2012 LP:
Back Squat: 115 lbs
Press: 45 lbs
Sprint: 3 min tabata row

I wanted so badly to just stick another 5 lbs on to the bar after I finished my sets of squats to say I hit 120, but I held back. It was realized yesterday that I've added 70 lbs to the bar since I started back in September. That is just insane. Especially since I have never lifted weights in my life! I'm very excited with the progress I've made so far and very eager to do that first rep of 120 in a few days.

With Christmas eve falling on my normal lifting day and the gym having shorter hours, I've moved next weeks progression up to this Saturday. I just couldn't wait until later next week. Hitting 120 will be an amazing present to myself this year! I just have to make sure I don't eat many more Christmas cookies this week or it won' be 120 will be less than my body weight!

The 45 lb weight for the press is getting slightly easier. It always feels super easy the first rep having just moved 115 lbs around. I was instructed on my last set to do as many reps as I could and not just stop at five. My goal was ten but I made it to eight, still happy about it!

Because of a pretty heavy rain sprints had to be postponed so a quick tabata row filled in. Holy crap was it hard! My legs and butt were dead when I finished! I was really looking forward to finally hitting ten sets of of the 40 yd sprints, but I can wait until next week.

I got home to find a fabulous Christmas card in my mailbox that came with a even more fabulous Christmas mix cd! I love my CrossFit folks!!! I had planned to just enjoy a quiet night at home, but the mix inspired me to do a little impromptu baking. So far this season I've made white trash, monster cookies, shortbread, oatmeal raisin cookies, and last night I whipped up some M & M cookies. On my list between now and Christmas is another batch of shortbread (whatever you do use the somewhat expensive and very delicious Kerry Gold butter, totally worth it!), Oreo truffles, buckeyes, and two highly demanded apple pies per my future brother-in-law. I think I might get the boot on Christmas day if I don't have the pies in hand.

I have been trying to give away most of my baked goodies and treats so I don't eat them all myself, but I've at least tasted everything so far. Not a bit of it has been primal/paleo, but it's Christmas and I know I won't bake like this until next year so I'm going to enjoy it! I know there are paleo Christmas cookie recipes, but reading them just makes me sad. I'm all for being dedicated to a lifestyle, but there is no substitute for a good cookie. And your life will be better for enjoying a good cookie!

ONE WEEK 'TIL CHRISTMAS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment