Friday, December 28, 2012

Handy

12/27/2012 WOD:
"Rankel"
20 min AMRAP
6 Deadlifts (115 lb)
7 Burpee Pull-ups (Jumping)
10 KB Swings (17 lb)
200 m run
Rounds: 5 complete + 6 deadlifts

After the 30 minute WOD on Wednesday I just knew Thursday was going to be quick. I was wrong! Luckily it didn't feel very long while I was doing it. I was very pleased with myself averaging slightly less than 4 minutes per round. I could totally tell the sprinting had paid off because I gained quite a bit of time back on the run. What slowed me down most was the deadlifts. I was going to do 105 lbs but since I can't do math I ended up doing 115. It was manageable but definitely heavy.

More than the weight, my hands were what really held me back. As soon as I gripped the bar in the first round I knew it was going to be a painful night. All that said, I would like to take back any complaints about my hands hurting. One of my fellow 5:30 gals was unable to do the WOD because her hands had been completely ripped open on Wednesday. I've been very very lucky with my calluses so far.

One of my cousins who lives in California was in town for the holidays. My dad, sister and I met up with her, my aunt and her brother who I also rarely get to see for dinner. It was lots of fun catching up! One of these days I'll make the trip out to visit her, hopefully sooner than later.

1 comment: