Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Suzy Homemaker

12/10/2012 LP:
Back squat: 110 lbs
Press: 45 lb
Sprint: 9 x 40 yd

Of course the bar is going to continue to get heavier but its starting to get noticeably heavier. I just want to make it two more weeks to 120, after that I don't care as much if I hit my wall. Even though it was getting heavy tonight, I still was able to squeeze out all 15 reps.

My forearm was pretty tight from the truck washing this weekend so I wasn't sure if I'd be able to handle the press. Happily I was able to finish my three sets and felt even better after. No more pain with my grip! 

While I'm really enjoying my lifting program, part of me is ready to hit the wall to see what's next. Will I just drop back down on the weights and start progressing again? Will I try start progression on a different lift? 

I finished off my night by baking up some monster cookies and making Christmas ornaments for gifts. Both of which I haven't done before. Felt like Suzy Homemaker going back and forth between crafting and taking freshly baked cookies out the over. 

And for a little treat I present Jack White's performance of 'I'm Shakin' from Conan:

No comments:

Post a Comment