Sunday, December 30, 2012

Julie and Julia


12/29/2012 WOD:
12 Min AMRAP (1 min work, 1 min rest)
3 Power Cleans (45 lb)
3 Push Press (45 lb)
3 Front Squat (45 lb)
Rounds: 9


Started this morning with a lighter squat as a warm-up. Backed it down to 95 lbs and it's crazy how much lighter it felt. Got a little more negative pull-up work in too. My goal is April for my first pull-up.

Instead of doing the WOD on the board, my (boy)friend the trainer created a little workout for us. With it only being 6 minutes of work it meant you had to go as hard as you could and make the most of your rests. My ultimate goal was 12 rounds, 2 per minute of work, but was just as pleased with 9. We've decided to go for it again at the end of January to see if we both improve. Shooting for 10 rounds next time.

I made a brand new dish Friday night that was delicious! Already looking forward to making it again. It was Julia Child inspired Coq au Vin. And if you've ever been to The Melting Pot, you'll probably start craving it as soon as you pour in the wine because it smells exactly like one of their broths. I would highly recommend you try it. Next time I'm going to swap the chicken for small steaks.

I also roasted my first chicken this weekend too. I had some assistance in the kitchen so I can't take all the credit, but it sure was yummy. A little tip. Next time you roast a chicken, move it to a plate to rest and saute some onions, zucchini  and peppers in the cast iron with the chicken drippings and a little garlic. I promise you won't regret it a bit!

Another first this weekend is that I'm going on my first urban hike. Some people might call it just walking around your city, but no one tells you you're just walking up a mountain, do they? Mapped it out and it should be right at 8 miles total, with a pit stop at Starbucks in the middle to warm up. Caramel Apple Spice, I'm coming for you!

Great weekend of firsts with a few more on schedule!

No comments:

Post a Comment