Monday, December 10, 2012

On the road again

This weekend wore me out!!! On three separate occasions I was struggling to keep my eyes open and one of those times was at 9:30 am on Sunday. And it wasn't from lack of sleep, just a busy weekend that left me drained.

This weekend also provided me an opportunity to experience a few new things for the first time as well. To save some time, because my forearms are sore and typing is difficult, I'm just going to list them.
  • Power washed Pepsi trucks at a bottling plant (exhausting work!)
  • Ate purple sweet potatoes
  • Walked around with a weighted pack on my back
  • Had a piece of crusty delicious french bread (first since September)
  • Ate eggs cooked in rendered duck fat
  • Found Pinata apples before January
  • Purchased XS clothing item (first in a few years)
My trainer friend from PDCF/future roommate invited me up for the weekend to Raleigh. It was nice to get out of town for a quick trip and to test my sense of adventure with a few new things. I had a great time, but I'm still recovering from the exhaustion. Hopefully by tomorrow I'll be back to my normal state! 

Being in Raleigh also provided an opportunity to hit up one of my most favorite stores, REI. I jump for the chance to get to go in that place. I have a couple of things I'm eyeing for future purchases so it was nice to scope things out and get an idea for what I'm leaning toward. Time to start accruing some dividends! 

Looking forward to a great and busy week full of quality time at PDCF, Christmas parties, family dinners, baking, The Hobbit and of course the college kid finally coming home for the semester! It's going to be mega-fun having her back at the gym and around to hang out with again. 

14 days until Christmas! 

No comments:

Post a Comment