Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Double Time

2/26/2013 LP:
Back Squat: 110 lbs
Press: 50 lbs
Deadlift: 120 lbs

Because of a little dog sitting, my lifting day got moved to Tuesday, which I was totally okay with! I can't totally figure it out but 110 lbs for the squat still feels very heavy. Heavier than it did the last time I was making my way to 120. All I can figure is my not so great diet over the weekend didn't help. I'm actually looking forward to starting strict paleo again on Friday to see how it helps with the lifting. Goodbye sugar, hello heavy stuff!

In addition to lifting, I worked on pull-ups before the squat and again after the press. I'm alternating now between negatives and strict banded pull-ups. I've decided I'm done with jumping pull-ups in WODs because they're not really going to help me in the long run.

And then....with some time to kill after the deadlift I decided to take a stab at double unders. Low and behold I got one. Then another. Granted they were never consistent, but I sure as hell got a handful! And I have red whip marks on my arms and legs to prove it. So now in addition to working on pull-ups and push-ups, we'll add double unders to the list. Something I probably should have started working on months ago!

No comments:

Post a Comment