Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Donut PR


The 2013 Krispy Kreme Challenge has come and gone and boy was it fun! As expected, I wasn't prepared for the hilly 5 mile run, though I made it almost to Krispy Kreme before my legs gave out from the hills. And I surpassed my goal of 2 donuts and dominated 3! Thinking back, I should have gone for 4. Next year!

The rest of the weekend in Raleigh was fantastic. Beautiful hike, the turducken feast, an easy morning of washing trucks, and a fun family dinner with my folks. It's nice to get away but always great to come back home. Especially after a busy weekend.

2/11/2013 LP:
Back Squat: 95 lb
Press: 45lb
Deadlift: 115 lb

The race on Saturday left my calves, quads and hammies pretty sore. Then the washing and scrubbing of trucks did a number on my biceps so I went light on the weights. I was ready to finally take on 125 lbs but knew my legs wouldn't have it. Even the first set at 95 lbs was tough. Luckily with each set I was able to get my depth lower and lower. And today I'm feeling pretty lose with most of the soreness gone. I think by tomorrow I'll have made a full recovery!

No comments:

Post a Comment