Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Get nasty!

2/18/2013 LP:
Back Squat: 110 lb
Press: 45 lb
Deadlift: 120 lb

2/19/2013 WOD:
"Nasty Girls"
3 RFT
50 Air Squats
7 Muscle Ups (4 jumping pull-ups & 4 box dips per MU)
10 Hang Power Cleans (45 lb)
Time: 21:55

Whoa buddy am I sore! And it's getting worse as the day goes on. I anticipate limited movement tomorrow.

Monday's squatting didn't go as I wanted but it went as expected. Lifting light last week and no second day of squatting I knew it was going to be a difficult lift. And I was right. I'm already planning to get a second squat day in on Saturday and will go for 110 again next Monday before working my way back up. I am getting past 120 this time, dammit! Being sore from sledding of all things I decided to press light again. However, I did move up on the deadlift. Heavy, but not difficult. Glad something could be easy-ish for me!

I very much enjoyed doing the workout with the class last night. Just the right size, didn't run too late. And a fun benchmark! I knew the cleans would be the easiest and the muscle up scaling would take me the longest, but I didn't expect the squats the be the most difficult. By round three I was struggling to do them in sets of 10.

For quite a few reasons, I have suggested my parents give the primal/paleo "diet" a try. I don't like to call it a diet because today that is associated with just losing weight. And while many people initially do drop a few pounds, I think their overall health would benefit greatly from it. As I said last fall after giving it a try myself, I've set a few exceptions that suit me and my lifestyle. However, to encourage them for the 30-day challenge, I'm going to throw my rules out the window and go strict again with them. Goodbye yummy cheese, delicious chocolate milk and the occasional cupcake. I'm excited to go through this with them and help them along. And I would LOVE to see them stick with it and to live healthier lives. Only 8 more days of chocolate milk and cupcakes!

No comments:

Post a Comment