Friday, March 1, 2013

30 Day Challenge

2/28/2013 WOD:
2 Person Team, 1 person working at a time
2 min Max Effort Lunges (yards)
2 min Max Effort Toes to Bar
2 min Max Effort Wall Balls (8 lb)
2 min Max Effort Double Unders
2 min Max Effort Handstand Push-ups (Stinkbugs)
2 min Max Effort Power Cleans (45 lb)
Reps: 294

I really enjoyed this workout! A bunch. And it went by sooooo fast. All of a sudden the trainer said, next movement is Power Cleans. How did that happen so fast? I teamed up with one of the 5:30 regulars who still scales things like I do so we made a good team. He pulled his weight when I was lacking (stinkbugs) and I pulled mine when he was tired (power cleans). I loved it and it got me excited to do classes again too!

The absolute best part of the night was that I decided I would go for double unders instead of converting singles. Every one I attempted I got!!! Even with insanely sore calves from practicing on Tuesday. Granted my calves are just as sore today. Must practice more!

The college kid is heading home today for Spring Break. I'm super excited to have her around for a week. Hopefully she'll come up to PDCF for a few workouts too! Even more exciting is that she wants to give Paleo a shot this summer when she's no longer relying on a meal plan. I love it!

Today is Day 1 of the 30 day paleo challenge with my parents. The boyfriend picked up a copy of Primal Blueprint for my parents to read. And my mom is eating it up! So much so that she asked if she can put off starting until Sunday or Monday so she can have a better understanding before she jumps in. I am thrilled with her enthusiasm about this. She's even thinking about coming up to PDCF Saturday morning to see what my workouts are all about and will be joining us at the local market to do some shopping. Her excitement over this has carried over to me. Dealing with sugar withdrawals over the next week will be a breeze knowing they're excited about this new adventure. I hope they've enjoyed it as much as I have, even without my personalization, and stick it out long term.

No comments:

Post a Comment