Saturday, March 23, 2013

New Toys

3/21/2013 WOD:
8 RFT
2 Overhead Squats (35 lb)
3 Box Jumps (20")
Time: 4:00

Another Thursday, another solo workout. Only three more weeks of Open workout remaining, then I might join back in with the class again. Ready for it!

I stole this workout from CrossFit Football. I like their workouts a lot. Good rationale behind their programming. I've considered following it as my sole programming but I don't think I'm ready to commit just yet. Though it's still in the back of my mind.

This was the shortest workout I've done in a long time, but boy did my quads feel like jello after. I was really surprised given how few reps I was doing. Sure it was eight rounds, but that's only 16 squats total! I haven't done overhead squats in months. It's something I need to work into my programming more. I felt much more comfortable with them than I did the last time, but I'd like to get the weight up some more. Its really interesting how all the different kinds of weighted squats feel different. Overhead is totally the most difficult to me!

The best part of the night at the gym was that the first shipment from Rogue had arrived. New plates, squat racks, another pull-up rig, and all kinds of other goodies. I cannot wait to see how the place looks when everything is installed and what the new layout is. It's going to be fantastic!

No comments:

Post a Comment