Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Squat Heavy Often

3/4/2013 LP:
Back Squat: 1 x 5, 115 lbs;  3 x 7, 95 lbs
Press: 3 x 5, 45 lbs
Deadlift: 1 x 5, 95 lbs; 1 x 5, 120 lbs

The squat is a tricky little beast! This is my third time hitting the 115 mark and each time has been different. The first time it was heavy but I managed and moved on. The second time it was easier and my depth was much lower. And this last time it felt incredibly heavy and I backed off. It is incredibly frustrating!

The boyfriend coach suggested I put 115 off until next week and do a higher rep set at a more comfortable weight. So that's what I did. If you include the set at 115 I did 11 reps more than I usually do on my lift days so I left feeling great about my work. I'm planning on doing the 3 x 7 again on Saturday at 95 lbs to hopefully get me ready for next Monday.

I must have just been off in general because I struggled to get 50 lbs on the press so I backed it up to 45 again. I'm very ready to progress more there but my little arms just aren't having it.

At least I can count on the ol' deadlift. After my warm-up set I knew 120 would still be a breeze and thankfully I was right. I think I'll do one more week at 120 then it's time to move up again. I just decided, right this second, that 150 is my goal. I have zero clue if that's realistic or not. I do know that 135 was my max back in August so I think 150 is a reasonable goal, right?!?

On day five of the paleo challenge and things are going great so far. No real sugar cravings which is very surprising, but I am feeling some withdrawal symptoms. I've only eaten two pineapple since Saturday. Real progress from last time when I consumed nine pineapples in the first seven days. Though overall fruit consumption is still up. Super excited to change things up today and meet my old friend from college for lunch. Hopefully catching up will help me overcome the rage I have toward any and everything at work right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment