Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Get With the Program

3/26/2013 WOD:
12 min AMRAP
20 Double Unders (80 singles)
20 Sit-Ups
20 yd Walking Lungs
Reps: 268 

Extra Work: Pull ups, Double Unders, & Power Clean, 55 & 65 lbs 
Tabata: Row

I'm sore. That's all I'm going to say about last night's workout. I left feeling like I was all over the place but didn't feel like I had been overworked. I woke up feeling tight.

After a few discussions with the boyfriend about how to progress my squats and other things I want to work on while I'm in there (double unders, pull-ups, cleans, overhead squats, handstand holds), I've come up with my own little program for the next few weeks so I'm not wander around all willy-nilly doing whatever I feel like. I won't get anywhere just playing around.

Here's what I have so far:
Monday
Clean: 3 x 3 [starting 65 lbs]
Squat: 1 x 5 [heavy, 115-120 lbs], 3 x 7/8 [lighter, 100 lbs]
Press/Bench Press (Rotate weekly): 3 x 5[starting 50 lbs]
Deadlift: 1 x 5 [starting 130 lbs]
*maintain all weights for a few weeks then progress 5 lbs*
Double Unders: 5 minutes

Tuesday
WOD [solo or class, 10-15 min]
Pull-up:5 x 5 [banded]
Tabata [movement varies weekly]

Thursday
WOD [solo or class, 10-15 min]
Pull-up: 5 x 5 [negatives]
OH Squat:3 x 5 [starting 35 lbs]
*Possible second day squat if no Saturday workout*

Saturday
Squat: 1 x 5 [lighter, 95-100 lbs], 3 x 2 [heavy, 5 lb progression each set]
WOD [With Boyfriend, 10-15 minutes]
Handstand Hold: 3 attempts
Double Unders: 5 minutes

Seeing it in writing makes me VERY excited! Of course I'll adapt as needed and make changes were I see fit. Add in or remove things I'm working on as needed. Should be fun! For those that don't know me, I enjoy structure and routine so this is right up my alley.

No comments:

Post a Comment