Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Hangin' Tough

3/5/2013 WOD:
Max Hang Power Clean: 75 lb
6 RFT
10 Hang Power Cleans (50% max - 40 lbs)
5 Handstand Push-ups (stinkbugs)
Time: 7:01

I was ready to stop at 60 lbs. I tried 3 times to clean it and it wasn't getting up. Then the boyfriend, our trainer and a female member who I have mad respect for all came over and told me to do it again. First try, I cleaned 60. I love the excitement our trainer gets when someone does something they didn't think they could do! Then the super encouraging lady told me to keep going, put five more pounds on. So I did, after two or three attempts I got it up. Five more, got it. Five more, got it again! I tried 80 lbs about five times but it just wasn't happening. She and our trainer told me I had the pull, I just needed to get under it. I was super excited the three of them pushed me to keep going and I didn't settle. My bruised collarbones are totally worth it!

The rest of the workout was hard and fast but I loved it! I love the quick ones when you can go all out. No time for catching your breath or grabbing a towel. Just keep going and get it done. My arms were useless for the remainder of the evening. Washing dishes was a chore for a whole different reason.


I'm glad to be getting back to my old routine again. To be getting excited about classes again. To be hitting new PRs and benchmarks. All around it's a wonderful time!

No comments:

Post a Comment