Tuesday, January 8, 2013

We're famous!

1/7/2012 LP:
Back Squat: 105 lbs
Press: 50 lbs
Sprint: 10 x 40 yds

First regular lifting Monday in a few weeks. It was great to get back to the routine! The squat felt much heavier than I was anticipating. especially since I was up 15 lbs just a few weeks back. I think I may have rushed my stretching just a bit, lesson learned. Press was a good bit harder at 50 lbs and left my wrists a bit achy, but hopefully after a few weeks at that weight I'll be able to progress and PR at 55 lbs. First night in a few weeks sprinting again because of rain and other things but it felt great. Happy to have it back in the program again!

It's free week again at PDCF and even though I've tried I cannot get a single new person to join me for a class. I did notice a one or two new faces last night in the class among all the regulars. I'm thinking our gym won't see the huge influx of people like most gyms do at the start of the year. I'd have to say most of our folks are pretty great about coming weekly and not fading out. I love that!

One last note about my beloved gym. Bree Boyce is a local girl who has had to deal with weight issues her entire life. She finally committed to getting healthy and went on to win Miss South Carolina in 2011. She was feature on 20/20 last week about maintaining her weight loss and continuing to stay active and healthy. In the feature she was shown working out and training another former beauty queen at PDCF. It's super fun seeing our place on TV!

No comments:

Post a Comment