Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Weaklings

1/21/2013 LP:
Back Squat: 115 lbs
Press: 50/45 lbs
Sprints: 10 x 30 yd

My new stretches are making a world of difference! The squat was heavy last night but it felt lighter on my back and I was able to a lower depth than when I did 115 a few weeks back. I'm eager to hit 120 again next week and start the progression again.

My press is a different story. Too much work on my shoulders this weekend left them in pain. I pushed out the first set at 50 lbs but had to move back down to 45 for the last two. Even that was a struggle. Damn you shoulder weakness!

Changed up the sprints and just did 30 yards instead of the usual 40. No really good reason for it other than to do something different. I enjoyed it and felt like I still got just as much out of it.

Due to the remaining shoulder pain I'm taking tonight off and possibly going back in tomorrow for the WOD.  Give those weaklings a rest for the night! Guess it's time I start doing strict push-ups at home to keep the soreness at bay.

No comments:

Post a Comment