Friday, January 18, 2013

Recovering

1/17/2013 WOD:
5 RFT
250 m row
5 push-ups
15 sit-ups
Time: 13:57

After Monday and my continuing foot issues on top of my lingering/possible second cold, I decided to take Tuesday off. However, come Thursday I still hadn't made a 100% recovery but couldn't sit on my ass anymore so I went in and did my own thing that would keep my off my feet and hopefully keep my head clear too. Success!

I forced myself to do all 25 push-ups off my toes with my arms as close to my body as possible. If I'm going to progress, doing them off my knees with my elbows out isn't going to help me any. I also tried to keep my body in a straight line as much as possible. Given that my core isn't the strongest, my belly/lower back dipped a little but by no means was I doing 'the worm.'

I'm still not sure what this sinus mess is I have going on but I am ready to be rid of it. I can't tell if it's the last bit of my cold I scored on New Years Day or if it's a second cold coming in. Either way it's causing way too much sinus pain and needs to exit my head, stat.



And in other news, I'm glad the weekend is 5 short hours away. After a month, I am FINALLY going to see The Hobbit with my dad. Sickness, holidays, and life in general have gotten in the way, but not any more. We are doing this! Of course when it's finally time to go see it Silver Linings Playbook finally comes to town. Damn you award season! Luckily it will be on DVD by next month. I've already waited since mid-November to see it, what's another month, right?

And in doing things for the first time news, I've made a decision to try to cook one new dish each week. Everything so far has been very successful and I would highly recommend all of them. And reading Timothy Ferris' 4-Hour Chef is only making me want to cook more.  Here are the link if you'd like to give them a try yourself.

  • Julia Child inspire Coq Au Vin (Made a second time with petit sirloin and it was just as delicious)
  • Pan seared chicken in a balsamic cream sauce (My sauce didn't look quite the same but it was mega tasty. We ate it with purple sweet potatoes and it made for great presentation and a yummy side)
  • Ultimate Paleo Chili (I didn't cook this but it sure was great and spicy too)
  • Spinach Stuffed Chicken (We doctored this one and cooked the bacon first and stuffed in with rest of the mix and also left out the sour cream. We've done it three times now and the last time was the best. Swap the spinach for caramelized onions, you'll be glad you did)
  • Homemade sweet potato fries using melted Kerry Gold to coat instead of coconut oil. (A little less oily and the fries crisped a bit more)
On the menu for tonight and the near future. Expect a full report on both very soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment