Friday, January 11, 2013

Skip to my Lulu

1/10/2013 WOD:
21-15-9
Kettlebell Swings (26 lb)
Burpees
Buy out: 1 mile run
Time: 18:23

Everyone was complaining about the burpees when they saw the WOD on the board today, but I already knew the mile run would be the death of me. Especially after having just finished 45 KB swings and burpees. That first 1/4 mile was pure torture. My legs didn't want to move. I couldn't control my breathing. My arms felt like they weight 800 lbs. It was just bad. Shortly after making the turn on the second 1/4 I started to get a good rhythm going with my pace and my breathing. I just wanted it to be over as quickly as possible.

I am more than ready for free week to be over with and to start using weights in the workouts again. It can get pretty brutal!

Heading back to Raleigh for the weekend with the boyfriend! I'm looking forward to it since the initial nerves will have passed and I know what I'm getting into when it comes to washing the trucks. Plus the weather is supposed to be amazing so I can't complain a bit about spending the morning outdoors in January. AND I get go to Lululemon and hopefully purchase a new pair of pants I have been eyeing for CrossFit and the trip to Whistler. Fingers crossed they're everything I've imagined!

No comments:

Post a Comment