Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Work With A Purpose

4/1/2013 Lifting Day:
Clean: 3x3 [65 lbs]
Squat: 1x5 [115 lbs] 3x7 [100 DNF]
Bench Press: 3x5 [50 lbs]
Deadlift: 1x5 [130 lbs]

Overhead Squats: 3x5 [35 lbs]
Double Unders: 5 minutes

Day one was so close to perfect, but of course I ran into an issue. I didn't notice until I was finishing my first set of heavy squats that the bar was pretty painful on my neck. Guess who got slightly sunburned from spending most of Sunday outdoors? I tried to put the bar back on but it was really uncomfortable so I decided to do OH squats and to give it another go today.

Overall, I really enjoyed having the extra lifts and knowing exactly what I had on the menu instead of deciding at the last minute to do double unders aimlessly or to go row for fun.

Tonight should be a good time too! The boyfriend has decided to join me on my tabata's of choice on Tuesday nights. Having someone else doing it will me will push me to go all out for those 20 seconds.

I know it's only Tuesday and I have lots of good things to look forward to this week, but I'm ready for the weekend. Sunday is the boyfriend's birthday and I'm super pumped to celebrate with him! I really enjoy birthdays and making a big deal of them. It's fun to make someone feel a little extra special one day a year!

No comments:

Post a Comment