Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Sweat Monster

4/9/2013 WOD:
Pull-ups: 3x5 [banded]

For time:
30 Hang Power Cleans [45 lbs]
30 Front Squats [45 lbs]
30 Kettlebell Swings [26 lb]
30 Goblet Squats [26 lb]
Time: 11:28

Tabata: Burpees and Deadlifts [Burpees only]

I went in feeling great. I left a sweaty mess.

My pull-ups were very successful. I noticed the last few times I was struggling after the second or third rep, but this time it wasn't until the fifth that I was barely getting my chin over the bar.

I decided to do the WOD my gym had on the board yesterday. Seemed like good work and I'd feel okay not making up my squat work I failed yesterday with the two sets of squats in the WOD. I'm sure it was still partly the new addition of warm weather we're having, but damn this one did me in! So much so that I was only doing 5-10 goblet squats at a time.

I started chatting with some folks after and didn't feel like putting in the work from the tabata, but the boyfriend was all set up and ready to go so I decided to only do the burpee portion and rest extra while he did the deadlifts. It was fun to chat and every 30 second stop and go all out for burpees then pick up conversation again. No where else would this be acceptable social behavior.

I'm feeling the cleans and swings this morning! And probably a little bit from holding the bar in the front rack for the squats too. I love putting in good work and feeling the results the next day. Makes all the sweating, terrible faces, grunting and feeling winded worth it.

Speaking of sweat, my non-deodorant experiment is still going strong! I haven't been sweating any more than usual and I swear I smell better after a workout than I did when I was using my regular deodorant. I even confident enough to through my arm pit in my mom's face last week when I went over for dinner after a workout. No grimacing, just pleasantly surprised! Bring on the heat, I'm ready for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment