Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Day Two

4/2/2013 WOD:
Pullups: 3x5 [banded]
Squat: 3x7 [100 lbs]

For time:
800 m run
40 Squats
30 Sit ups
20 Push ups [knee]
10 Pull ups [banded]
Time: 11:11

Tabata:
Kettlebell Swings: DNF

Can I tell any difference after two days of my programming? You bet your ass I can! I couldn't even finish the KB tabata because of some back soreness from all the extra work. And my quads are tighter than they've been in a long time. I'm just waiting for the shoulder soreness to really settle in. But you know what? It's exactly what I was hoping for!

I loved leaving last night feeling like I'd pushed myself and worked myself head to toe. And that WOD (via Dogtown Crossfit) was exactly what I needed. Left me winded and sweaty but was much quicker than I anticipated. I'm really enjoying searching out WOD's from different gyms and programs. And picking ones I know will be a challenge. My gym still does great programming and I'm stealing from them as well, I'm just not necessarily doing them on the days everyone else is.

I'm sore today and will enjoy this rest day, but I'm already excited to get back in there tomorrow night!


No comments:

Post a Comment