Saturday, July 21, 2012

A quickie

The past few days have been a little busy, but I've gotten two more WOD's in that I need to share. A full length post coming soon full of firsts, promise!

7/19/2012 WOD:
3 RFT, 1 minute per station, total overall reps
Wall Balls (8 lb)
Sumo Deadlift High-Pull (25 lb)
Box Jumps
Push Press (25 lb)
Row (for calories, not reps)
Total: 203

7/21/2012 WOD:
21-15-9, for time
Push Press (35 lb)
Broad Jumps
Clear finish: 30 burpees
Time: 7:57

I was only planning on going to three class this week, but after Thursday's workout I wasn't feeling too bad and my trainer friend was teaching this morning's class so I decided if I was awake I would go. He gave me a heads up on the workout so I knew it wouldn't be too bad, but he conveniently left out the burpee part.

While most of this is still new to me, Thursday was different because I haven't done one with stations like that before. Plus we had 10 people so it was a little tight, but still really enjoyed it.

This morning was another first as well. First Saturday class, first morning class, first time pressing more than 25 lbs for more than 3 reps, first time going to a class without my training buddy, and first class with all new people. So glad I was up early this weekend! Small class today, only 4 of us and only 3 of us were members. We had a woman who was here from Texas visiting family that came in who was at the CrossFit games last weekend as a spectator. It was neat to hear about other gyms and what other people do across the country.

Overall, I'm LOVING CrossFit and wish I had started sooner. I can totally see how it becomes part of a lifestyle for people.

Now to spend the rest of my day relaxing and recovering. And working on my ensemble for next Friday's City Corn Hole Tournament. Yeah, that'll be a first too!

No comments:

Post a Comment