Tuesday, August 20, 2013

More often than not

I just wrote my first legit programming cycle for myself. While I'm only one day in, I'm kind of impressed with myself. Well only slightly.

I haven't been doing traditional CF classes for a while now. I was originally stealing WODs from other gyms sites or doing PDCF wods on my own without the class. I promise I'm not anti-social! Then I decided I wanted to focus more on strength and form in the last four weeks doing a similar a rep scheme every day I went into the gym. But that started to get stale.

So last Friday afternoon I spent a few hours playing in Google docs coming up with a five week plan. I started by listing about 20 movements I wanted to incorporate. I came up with the rep schemes I wanted to do on certain days then started filling in the movements.

Here's what week one looks like...

DayWorkoutMovementReps/TimeWeight
MondayKipping Pull-ups5 minutes
EMOM 10 min O/EPower cleans565 lbs
Med Ball Sit-Ups1010 lb
Reps for TimeKB Swing15-9-61 pood
Wall Balls15-9-610 lb
TuesdayEMOM 10 min O/EOH Squat345 lb
Walking Lunge5 yd70 lb
TabataBurpee
Row
ThursdayEMOM 10 min O/EBack Squat5100
Dips3
EMOM 10 min O/EPress355 lb
Deadlift3135 lb
SaturdayWODTBD

I went week by week, making sure to alternate between upper and lower body within one workout. And tried to stagger the movements so it wouldn't become repetitive. Can't have any boredom, right?

Last night officially started the program and from judging at how sore I am today I think I planned it pretty well. I'm excited to see if I can progress over the next five weeks. Maybe see if I can hit a new PR on a select few lifts when its all said and done. 

P.S. After talking about soreness this weekend with the boyfriend, I've realized I've been sore more days than not over the past 12+ months. Thanks CrossFit!

No comments:

Post a Comment