Sunday, June 16, 2013

On the run

Well I started writing a post through my ever so handy blogger app early this morning, put it down to go for a 2 mile run, which was what I was writing about, and came back to find out it wasn't there anymore. Maybe the app isn't so handy after all.

Anywho...this week started the official training for my next race the Columbus (Ohio) half-marathon. The boyfriend and his family have been running it and the full for a few years now so I got invited up for the fun. The best part is that the boyfriend, who qualified for and ran the Boston marathon a few years back, wants to do my training runs with me. Knowing I'll be running at about a 10 min/mile pace, it makes me giddy that he has the patience to train with me! We'll also be running the race together so he can point out all the cool stuff along the course. I'm pretty stoked.

Training plan looks something like this. Sprints on Tuesday after CrossFit. Long runs on Sunday mornings starting today with 2 miles. And regular CrossFit classes as I've been doing the past 11-ish months. Not my usual training routine but he ran Boston so I cant help but trust him. Oh yeah and he went out and ran the half last year not doing a single training run before. Who does that?!? I guess he does.

Here's to 13.1!

No comments:

Post a Comment