Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Doggie Paddle

This is a good solid month old so it's not quite news anymore, but it's still new here! A few months back my folks gave the boyfriend a gift certificate for paddleboarding in Folly Beach. Well about a month ago we left the pups at home and took a quick weekend trip to Charleston to cash in!

First off, we ate some pretty great food! A neat restaurant in Mt. Pleasant on Friday called Crave. I wasn't looking for this in particular, but they had a paleo/CrossFIt diet menu which worked perfectly for the boyfriend. Sure, I'm still not eating processed foods and eating mostly paleo, but it's Charleston. No rules for moi! Chiplotle sliders and mac & cheese for me. Steak, veggies and mashed potatoes for the boyfriend. 

Emily-1, Boyfriend-0

And after dinner in our wandering around downtown we passed this dessert bar that had a door person. The fact that it had a door person hooked the boyfriend so we went back. He got the very delicious apple pie and ice cream and I choose butterfinger cake. 

Emily-1, Boyfriend-1

With the foodie war tied, I knew I was going to make a pretty easy come back at brunch when we saw the menu at Eli's Table. Sweet potato pancakes and a scratch made biscuit for me. Some kind of veggie omelette and a side of fruit for him.

We have  a winner folks! 

Paddleboarding was the real reason for the trip and boy oh boy was it fun! The spot we paddled out at Folly probably wouldn't be my first pick, but I loved the experience and cannot wait to do it again. Neither the boyfriend nor I fell and we somehow managed to stay ahead of the pack. You can call us naturals I suppose!  Well not really, but it did feel pretty comfortable. 



The CrossFit competitiveness in my refused to allow this other woman to come into the boat landing before I did as we finished up. Just a few harder strokes of the paddle and I was the clear winner. I didn't realize the classes had worn off on me like that until that moment, but I suppose I should have expected it.

All it all it was a fantastic weekend away and I'm looking forward to another day trip down next month. 

No comments:

Post a Comment